What’s for Dinner?
Walnut-Coated Lamb Chops with Honey Dipping Sauce
-Recipe courtesy of the California Walnut Board
They look fancy, but these chops are simply simple to make.
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 rack of lamb (8 chops) “French trimmed” of all excess fat
non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a food processor or blender, add bread crumbs, walnuts, thyme, parsley, orange zest and salt and process to a coarse texture.
3. Brush lamb with mustard. Press on the crumb coating.
4. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
5. Roast for 30-40 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
Honey Walnut Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons finely chopped California walnuts, toasted
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, orange juice, olive oil and orange zest.
2. Heat until simmering.
3. Remove from heat and stir in walnuts.