Why I Love Fall
15 reasons why I’m crazy about the chilly season
-Melina Gerosa Bellows
My heart forever belongs to summer. But since it’s not humanly possible to hasten the turn of the seasons, I’ve decided to look on the bright side (even though the light is diminishing by 135.6 seconds per day ).
What’s to love about fall:
1. The farmer’s market. The rainbow of dahlias, the towers of pumpkins, and the bounty of the season make the farmer’s market the place to be. Throw on your jeans, grab your recyclable bag, call your dog and go. And have a cup of hot apple cider.
2. Cashmere. What better excuse for slithering into some soft new color than preparing oneself for the oncoming chill?
3. The steam room and sauna at the gym. You never use them, and neither do I. But why not treat yourself to some post-workout warmth on a freezing cold day?
4. The Sunday roast. I love roasting things—turkey, lamb, pork—with loads of root veggies for a hearty dinner. The smells coming from the oven make the entire house feel cozy.
5. Planting pansies in pots. Thanks to the hardy new strains, you can enjoy color deep into winter.