Wolfgang Puck’s Roast Rack of Pork with Caramelized Maple Onions
Plus a Cheese Stuffed Roast Onion as a side dish to complete the perfect Christmas Day meal.
-Wolfgang Puck, wolfgangpuck.com
Wolfgang Puck is here to help you with your Christmas Day feast. With his Roast Rack of Pork and a Cheese Filled Roast Onion side dish from Chef Walter Ferretto, your guests will be happy and satisfied after a long morning of opening gifts! Happy Holidays from BettyConfidential!
12-pound pork rack with 4 bones attached
3 yellow onions, sliced
2 ounces olive oil
1 inch fresh ginger, crushed
1/2 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
4 tablespoons maple sugar
3 tablespoons sweet butter
3 1/3 Cups apple cider
Salt and black pepper
1. Season both sides of rack with salt and pepper 20 minutes before cooking. Sear in heavy saute pan with olive oil until rack is well caramelized. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In same pan, add sliced onions, ginger, cinnamon, star anise and butter. Slowly cook until onions are well caramelized. Add maple sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Deglaze with cider, adjust salt and pepper to taste and reduce until a glaze forms.
5. Completely cover rack with half of onion compote. Transfer to roasting pan and place in oven. Cook at 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 150 degrees F. Halfway through cooking time, pour over remaining half of onion compote.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Go to the next page for the Cheese Stuffed Roast Onion side dish…