Are You A Muggle Or Wizard? Take Our Harry Potter Quiz!
Quiz your Potter-knowledge and find out for yourself now!
As Part 1 of the final film installment of the literary and cinematic phenomenon that is the Harry Potter series approaches, Potter-Mania is once again hitting a feverish pitch –soaring almost as high as a runaway bludger in one of J.K. Rowling’s wild games of Quidditch!
Who could have guessed that this skinny, lonesome eleven-year-old would go on to inspire one of the greatest and most lucrative literary events in recent history? Though twelve publishing houses originally rejected this now multi-billion dollar franchise, it was clear from the beginning that a phenomenon was in the works, gaining speed faster than a brand new “Firebolt” broomstick when let out in the open.
So, if you truly are a high-flying, wand-waving, potion-brewing, diehard Potter-fan, you’ve spent the last fourteen years making sure that just in case a Hogwarts owl ever drops by your home with an acceptance letter clutched in its beak, you’ll be ready to board the train, don the sorting hat, and ace the O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. exams in no time!
Potter fans… wands at the ready! Answer the following questions and let’s see whom amongst you could possibly stand a chance against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named… and who is just a few Sickles short of a Galleon.
All you need to do is keep track of your answers on a sheet of paper!
1. The Hogwarts Express Train leaves King’s Cross Station in London from which platform?
a) Platform 18
b) Platform 8 ½
c) Platform 9 ¾
d) Shuttle to Heathrow Airport
2. Which species of dragon does Harry have to get past in order to complete the first challenge of the Triwizard Tournament?
a) Norwegian Ridgeback
b) Chinese Fireball
c) Common Welsh Green
d) Hungarian Horntail
3. Name the two kinds of Broomsticks, which Harry owns throughout the course of the seven books…
a) A Cleansweep Seven & A Comet 290
b) A Nimbus 2000 & A Firebolt
c) A Nimbus 2001 & A Firebolt
d) A Silver Arrow and A Moontrimmer
4. What flavor of “Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans” did Dumbledore have in his youth that made him rather lose his liking for them?
5. Which group of wizards were all true masters of The Wand of Destiny (The Elder Wand, The Deathstick)?
a) Ollivander, Gregorovitch, Dumbledore, Snape, Lord Voldemort
b) Antioch Peverell, Gregorovitch, Grindelwald, Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter
c) Gregorovitch, Grindelwald, Dumbledore, Snape, Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter
d) Godric Gryffindor, Antioch Peverell, Grindelwald, Peter Petigrew, Snape
6. Which of the following are the three essential ingredients needed to produce the dangerous potion responsible for returning Lord Voldmort to his full strength?
a) Snake venom, Unicorn blood and Tentacula leaves
b) Lacewing flies, Boomslang skin and a few bits of hair
c) Bone of his enemy, Flesh of his father, and Blood of his servant
d) Bone of his father, Flesh of his servant and Blood of his enemy
7. What symbol does Lord Voldemort burn onto the arms of his followers?
a) A giant letter “V”
b) A skull with a snake protruding from its mouth
c) A wand and a bone crossed
d) A snake coiling itself around muggles
8. What is Hagrid’s brother’s name and how tall is he?
a) Grawp; 16 feet
b) Karkus; 16 feet
c) Grawp; 25 feet
d) Karkus; 25 feet
9. What are the names of the two bars in the village of Hogsmeade?
a) “The Leaky Cauldron” and “The Weird Sisters”
b) “The Leaky Cauldron” and “The Three Broomsticks”
c) “The Three Broomsticks” and “Dervish & Bang’s”
d) “The Three Broomsticks” and “The Hog’s Head”
Finish Our Quiz On The Next Page!