Betty’s New Year Countdown
Best and Worst Fashion Trends of 2008
From boyfriend jeans to liquid leggings: Love it or leave it?
-Lois Joy Johnson
Yesterday we covered the Best and Worst BEAUTY trends of 2008 … now we bring you the FASHION hits and misses!
BEST Fashion Trends of 2008 (LOVE IT! Thanks, designers!)
• Olympic swimmer’s onesies – Nike please make them for us.
• The new classic Eurochic – Carla Bruni, Kate Middleton, thank you!
• Boyfriend jeans so we can eat and not resort to sweatpants.
• Opaque pantyhose returns, denser, in colors too, no more bare legs till spring!
• Platform shoes and booties add inches but take the pressure off.
• Draped and cowl neck tops to flatter and layer.
• Belts at the waist so our gym efforts are not in vain, even with chunky knits and tailored dresses.
• Grandpa cardigans were the new pashmina adding camouflage for skinny jeans and bare dresses.
• Big statement necklaces made accessorizing easy and gave our ears a rest.
• Feminine ruffled or bow blouses in silks and chiffon made wearing pants fun again.
WORST Fashion Trends of 2008 (Leave it! What were they thinking?)
• Liquid leggings – even if it was 1984 … no-no.
• Puff shoulders feel little girly on buff toned bodies over 14.
• Clunky chunky wedges turn even slim legs and feet to hoofs.
• Buffalo plaid shirts – get over it.
• Vests – trying too hard and if you have boobs forgetaboutit.
• Jean shorts over black opaque tights: WHY?
• Dolmans and batwings – yes they hide muffin tops but honestly.
• Super-skinny jeans – why not just put yourself out of your misery and wear leggings, bootcuts or see above?
What did you love this year? And what are you happy to leave behind?