Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
Is Obama checking out this girl? Ben Affleck slams his ex Jennifer Lopez, is Jon Gosselin spreading rumors about Kate and more
-Kathy Campbell and Carolyn French
1. Ooh la la! Barack Obama got quite an eyeful yesterday at the G-8 summit in L’Aquila, Italy. The president was apparently caught checking out the satin-covered bum of an attractive 17-year-old G-8 delegate seconds before the group’s official photo was taken. Lucky for Obama it was not a solo pastime, as French President Nicolas Sarkozy gave the young woman’s ample behind a once, or rather twice, over. In light of the photo ABC News released a video showing that Obama was actually turning to lend his arm to a second woman who was walking down the steps behind him. Sarkozy, on the other hand, did not have an excuse for his awkward ogling … (New York Post)
2. Talk about holding a grudge! Ben Affleck has spoken out about his high-profile relationship with ex-fiance Jennifer Lopez, saying it was bad for his career.
The pair, who began dating in 2002 and split up two years later shortly before their wedding, co-starred in the monumental flop Gigli and that is what Ben – who only a few years before was on top of the world with an Oscar for writing Good Will Hunting – blames for ruining his reputation as an actor.
“I was typecast as myself. Too many people weren’t getting past what they read about me. That was damaging. I can tell from experience it’s bad for you, and bad for your career. So I took a break, went away for a while and let things calm down.”
Looking at the relationship, he says, “I was no longer in control of my life. I thought I wanted certain things, but I didn’t. I got lost. I felt suffocated, miserable and gross. I should never have gone down that route or got sucked in to all the publicity.”
Ben, who is now married to Jennifer Garner and has two daughters, says he’s much happier with his life now. “Work has taken a back seat. My job is not as important as it was. Saying that having a family changed my life is a cliche. But it’s true – it re-arranged my life and made me see clearly.” (Contact Music News)
3. Ben and Matt, George and Brad, Woody and Owen … and now Tom and David – bromances are taking over Hollywood! Grant Wahl, a writer for Sports Illustrated, is about to release a book called The Beckham Experiment in which he dedicates almost an entire chapter to David Beckham‘s bromance with Tom Cruise. The soccer stud and the Scientology mogul have been best buddies ever since they met in 2003, and although they don’t see eye to eye when it comes to religion – Becks is Catholic and Tom of course is a hardcore Scientologist – they are just as tight as can be.
Besides their mutual love of sports, the boys share the same agency, PR firm, zip code, and have vacationed together on more than one occasion. Becks claims that he chats with Tom several days a week, and that he takes his A-lister pal’s advice to heart. The actor persuaded him to accept a job with the L.A. Galaxy, and also suggested the physical therapist that is now looking after the soccer star. And, in case you thought the hunky Hollywood players weren’t close enough as it is, David and his wife, Victoria, named their youngest son Cruz in tribute to the Top Gun star.
“I must admit, when [Victoria and I] met Tom, I remember turning around to Victoria and saying, ‘Cruise is a great name, but we could spell it different,’” David told the author. “And also, living in Spain, Cruz is spelled the way it is in Spanish. So that’s why we got it.” (New York Daily News)
4. Jon Gosselin intentionally started rumors that his wife Kate was having an affair with her bodyguard, Steve Nield, RadarOnline is claiming. An insider tells the website, “Jon wanted a divorce and he also wanted to throw attention away from himself, so he spread that rumor,” a source said. “Jon doesn’t like Steve so he didn’t care about the repercussions.”
Kate filed for divorce on June 22, but the insider claims that she didn’t want to split with her husband, who co-stars with her and their children on the reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8.
“On the day the papers went in, Kate was with her attorney crying and sobbing. She was very, very upset.”
Kate has recently been seen traveling with a different bodyguard. (RadarOnline)
5. Harry Potter star Emma Watson has laughed off a wardrobe malfunction she experienced earlier this week at the Harry Potter premiere in London.
The 19-year-old accidentally exposed her panties as she adjusted her vintage Ossie Clark dress, but when quizzed about it by David Letterman, she giggled, put her head in her hands and said, “This was a small wardrobe malfunction that happens … At least I was wearing underwear.”
Which is more than can be said for a lot of celebrities. Do you hear us, Britney, Paris, Lindsay? (Daily Mail)
6. Somebody better warn Scarlett Johansson, cause her husband Ryan Reynolds is planning on expanding their family. While Scarlett recently told Harper’s Bazaar earlier this year that she wasn’t pregnant and wouldn’t be “any time soon,” her husband has revealed in British Glamour that he is planning to adopt a child.
“My oldest brother is adopted and I have every intention of adopting at some time,” he said. “I’m very grateful for having my brother in my life. I couldn’t be more pro-adoption. There are plenty of kids in the world that need it.”
We applaud their plans to adopt, but just want to pause for a second to consider what a biological child of this picture-perfect couple would look like. (US Magazine)