Celeb Gossip: Top Pics
Prince Harry has a girlfriend, Daniel Radcliffe’s interest in cross-dressing, Paula Adbul is staying with American Idol and more
1. Has Prince Harry finally said sayonara to Chelsy Davy? The former party hound seems to be shifting his gaze towards Australian-born musician Natalie Imbruglia, according to UK’s Grazia magazine. The two were most recently seen together backstage at a London music festival, where they hugged and kissed while The Killers played on. Sources say that the prince referred to Natalie as ‘Angel’ throughout the day, and that the talented brunette was clearly drawn to Harry’s perfectly-placed ginger hair. What’s more, the prince’s security squad allegedly described Natalie as being Harry’s girlfriend when making arrangements for him to attend the event.
Word of their friendship was first disclosed after Harry slipped into Natalie’s 34th birthday bash in February, where he was later caught sporting a doctor’s costume.
“It’s no secret that Harry has always fancied Natalie and their relationship has been slowly building since they first met,” an insider stated. “They’re in regular contact – they send texts and meet up when they can.” (Grazia)
2. We’ve watched him grow up as Harry Potter, but as Daniel Radcliffe proved in his naked turn on stage in Equus, there’s a lot more to him than a scar and spectacles. In an interview with the Guardian in the U.K. the 19-year-old revealed that he has an interest in cross-dressing, but purely for employment purposes.
“I’d love to play a drag queen or transvestite,” he said, “but not just because of the costumes. Wait, what am I saying? Yes, because of the costumes! If the script was good-I wouldn’t just do it because I got to dress up. Although I maintain that I look good with eye make-up. And I’m not going to be an emo kid, so the only other option is drag queen.”
We can see it now, Daniel donning fishnet tights in a remake of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
He also said that he was “embraced by the New York tranny community” when he appeared on Broadway in Equus late last year, and his flamboyant friends came in handy when he was trying to walk down the streets of Manhattan incognito.
“The one piece of advice I would give to any actor is, if you want to go out on the street without being recognized, without even being looked at, go out with a 6ft 8in beautiful transsexual,” he said. “No one gives you a second glance. Especially when you’re 5ft 5in.” (Guardian)
3. When Kara DioGuardi joined American Idol this year as the show’s fourth judge, rumors flew that Paula Abdul‘s days on the show were numbered. But on Monday the “Forever Your Girl” singer revealed that she is staying put-as long as contract negotiations work out.
“I’ve been invited to stay the duration of the show, however long it lasts,” she said. And Paula’s not the only one in currently negotiating with Idol producers. Simon Cowell is also hammering out a deal that will reportedly net him $144 million. We’re guessing Paula isn’t going to be offered that much…
Paula jokingly called Simon and the other two judges, Randy Jackson and Kara a “dysfunctional family of sorts.”
Tellingly, she left Kara out as she elaborated: “I’m the nurturing mom, Simon’s the disapproving dad, and Randy’s the cool brother,” she said. “It’s been an interesting journey. It’s something that I’ll always would want to be a part of.” (AP)
4. Prepare yourself for more slo-mo shots of bouncing breasts in red swimsuits- Baywatch is coming back, and this time around they’re playing it for laughs. The TV series about Los Angeles beach lifeguards is being remade for the big screen, and it’s being written and directed by Jeremy Garelick, who was one of the writers on the hit flick The Hangover.
Garelick was hired to re-tool the original script for the Baywatch movie, which was heavy on action. Having never seen the original series (which launched Pamela Anderson to prominence), he thought, “Why not turn it into a comedy?” (Insert ironic eyebrow lift here.)
“It felt like the template to do a movie that was similar to Stripes and Police Academy, the comedies I loved growing up,” Garelick said. The story now focuses on two unlikely lifeguards trying to make it while surrounded by the buff and bouncy bodies that made Baywatch such an iconic cheesefest. (Variety)
5. Perhaps inspired by her best friend, Salma Hayek, who became a mom in 2007, Penelope Cruz said in the August issue of U.K. magazine Psychologies that she would like to have kids.
“I want to have babies one day but not right now,” the 35-year-old says. “When I do it I want to do it really well. I want it to be my best project in life.”
But does Penelope, who is currently dating fellow Spaniard Javier Bardem, see a husband as part of that happy future? Not necessarily. “I don’t know if I believe in marriage,” she confesses. “I believe in family, love and children.” (Psychologies Magazine)
6. Now that the public and private tributes to Michael Jackson are over, one big question remains-where will the King of Pop be laid to rest?
In a sad tale that is reminiscent of the battle over the body of Godfather of Soul James Brown, the Jackson family is reportedly squabbling over where or if Michael should be buried.
Jermaine Jackson told Matt Lauer on the Today show that he believed his brother should be laid to rest at Neverland ranch, but that isn’t possible due to local laws that prevent burial of a body on private property.
According to RadarOnline, there was talk that Michael would be cremated and his ashes scattered over the grounds at the ranch he called home until 2005. But a source reveals that his mother, Katherine doesn’t want his remains anywhere near Neverland.
“Michael left Neverland for good, never to return,” the source said. “He felt violated by law enforcement after his molestation trial. He felt this place he had built had been tainted. Katherine continues to be her son’s protector even after his death.” (RadarOnline)