Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. We wonder who the wedding singer was…American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi wed her longtime sweetheart Mike McCuddy on Sunday. The couple, who have been engaged since last December, were wed in a 20-minute ceremony in Prospect Harbor, Maine.
The intimate gathering was attended by just 30 of their nearest and dearest – but not Kara’s fellow AI judges. “It was a very close, small family-type service,” Pastor Scott Nurse Sr. told Us magazine.
Last month Kara told the magazine that Simon Cowell, Paula Adbul and Randy Jackson wouldn’t be attending her wedding. “I don’t think they’d appreciate an invitation to Prospect Harbor, Maine,” she said.
It’s not surprising to fans of the show, however. It never seemed as though Kara and her fellow judges really bonded. The newlywed will only be enjoying a short honeymoon, as she’ll be heading back to work later this summer to audition season nine hopefuls. (Usmagazine.com)
2. What breakup? Justin Timberlake and his girlfriend Jessica Biel seem determined to squash the rumors that they have split, and have been photographed together two days in a row. The pair’s two-year relationship appeared to be on the rocks over the past few months, and there were even rumors that Justin had been seen with another woman at a New York nightclub, but they looked very much a couple as they shared a romantic dinner at L.A. restaurant Magnolia and followed it up the next day with some grocery shopping at Whole Foods. (Daily Mail)
3. It took a while but the producers of the Oscar-winning hit Slumdog Millionaire are finally making good on their promise to look after the child stars of the film. Eleven-year-old Azharuddin Ismail and his parents moved into a new home in an upmarket suburb of Mumbai over the weekend that had been bought for him by the film’s Jai Ho Trust.
The 250-square-foot ground floor apartment has electricity and running water and is a far cry from the tarpaulin and corrugated iron hut his family had been living in until authorities demolished it in May. “I like it here, it is really nice,” said Azharuddin, who played the youngest Salim in the movie about a slum dweller who tries his luck on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
The Jai Ho Trust will give the apartment to Azharuddin when he turns 18 and is currently looking for a home for his co-star Rubina Ali, 9, who still lives in a slum with her family. The film’s producers formed the trust amid claims that they had exploited the young stars of the surprise hit. (Reuters)
4. Maybe she isn’t a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean, cause we can’t think of a good reason why Victoria’s Secret supermodel Miranda Kerr would turn down Orlando Bloom’s proposal – twice. “Orlando discussed marriage with her in New York last year and again in Sydney earlier this year but she kept saying she was too young,” a source told the U.K.’s Daily Mail.
Miranda, 26, has moved into 32-year-old Orlando’s L.A. home, but that isn’t enough for the British hunk. “He has told her he wants to marry her and will propose again this summer. If she says no, he’s said it will be over,” the source added.
Could her reluctance have something to do with Orlando’s personal hygiene? Star magazine reported last year that the Aussie model thought Orlando was smelly and asked him if he could wash his clothes and shower more often. Frankly, I’d just stick a clothespin on my nose and say yes! (Daily Mail)
5. The Queen of Pop paid tribute to Michael Jackson on Saturday night during her concert at London’s 02 arena, the same venue he was set to perform in on July 13. As Madonna sang “Holiday,” a King of Pop impersonator took to the stage, dancing and moonwalking to Michael Jackson’s “Wanna Be Starting Something.” Madonna then shouted, “Let’s give it up for one of the greatest artists the world has ever known!” and she and her dancers later donned jeweled gloves. Her Madgesty wasn’t the only megastar to give a shout out to Michael Jackson in concert. U2 paid tribute with the song “Angel of Harlem” at their Barcelona concert, which kicked off their tour, while Beyonce dedicated her song “Halo” to him at her Atlanta concert. (E Online)