A fancy name for an easy-to-make, delicious chicken dish.
-Recipe brought to you by Velveeta Shells and Cheese and Relish Magazine (relishmag.com)
Velveeta Shells and Cheese is a very versatile, smooth and creamy side dish that goes well with everything, including this chicken saltimbocca recipe by Relish Chef Jon Ashton. Make this tonight with a side of Velveeta Shells and Cheese for a delicious dinner.
Makes 4 Servings
4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
8 large fresh sage leaves, chopped
4 paper-thin slices prosciutto
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 lemons, cut into halves
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper. Top each with sage and cover with prosciutto. Press prosciutto so it will stick it to the chicken.
3. Whisk cheese and flour together in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Beat eggs in a small shallow dish, such as a pie plate.
4. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof or cast-iron skillet until hot. Add thyme and garlic.
5. Dredge chicken cutlets in cheese mixture to completely coat. Dip into beaten eggs. Dredge again in cheese mixture. Place in hot pan. Sauté until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Place pan in oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon halves.
Per serving: 440 calories, 17g fat, 225mg chol., 52g prot., 16g carbs., 0g fiber, 1040mg sodium
This delicious recipe is brought to you by Velveeta and Relish magazine.
For more recipes, visit our Recipe File.