Products with a Cause
Dove Does It Again
Dove Self-Esteem Fund empowers young girls to believe in their beautiful selves!
My very first memory of Dove is that my grandmother always had it at her house when we visited her. My beautiful grandmother, who is 96 years old. And still using Dove. And I remember that my sister and I liked Dove because it smelled like Granny, and it had a clean, fresh scent.
Nowadays, I love Dove for so, so many more reasons. When they first came out with the campaign of real NORMAL women on billboards and magazine ads, I thought, HOW GENIUS! How AMAZING! Remember these Dove women? Those beautiful, regular-looking ladies wearing plain white bras and undies looked gorgeous and proud and fabulously full of self-esteem! Each and every different one of them!
And now, Dove is reaching out to the people who really, really matter.
And I have a very impressionable, on-the-cusp of becoming everything I would hope she can be 9-year-old, and I wake her up every morning by asking her, “Do you know you are the most beautiful little girl in the entire world?”
Because she is, and she deserves to believe it.
And Dove is helping us to help our girls know that they are all beautiful, no matter what they look like, or how they do in school, or what sports they like to play or DON’T like to play, or if they have crushes, or if they paint, or draw or read or play an instrument or like to snack too much or too little.
Because here are the facts:
• Seven in 10 girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way, including their looks, performance in school and relationships with friends and family members.
• 62 percent of girls feel insecure or not sure of themselves.
• 57 percent of girls have a mother who criticizes her own looks.
• 57 percent of girls say they don’t always tell their parents certain things about themselves because they don’t want them to think badly of them.
• The top wish among girls is for their parents to communicate better with them, which includes more frequent and more open conversations, as well as discussions about what is happening in their own lives.
Check out the Dove Web site, where there’s a section for girls only and one for us, too, the Moms and Mentors. Through the Dove Self-Esteem Fund, we can help change and inspire young women so they can become the successful, beautiful people we know they already are!
Let’s help our girls have the self-esteem to make promises to themselves to believe they can be everything they’ve ever wanted to be … and MORE!
Click here for the “Real Girls, Real Pressure” report.