The Tipping List
Fall & Winter 2008 Hair Tips from the Master
Celebrity hairstylist Frank Friscione on fabulous hair this season
Frank Friscione (aka The King of Color), Color Director at the superbly chic Oscar Blandi Salon in NYC, has these tips exclusively for Betty!
1. Roots. Let them show. No matter how old you are or young you are … get a little ‘dirty’ – get a little ‘daring.’
2. Close to the head. Buy gel. Mat it down. Keep your locks close to you.
3. E-x-t-e-n-d. Extensions are NOT JUST for celebrities anymore. Make that pony long; create your own “instant drama” with long tresses that you can swish and sway. You can do CLIP ON – either ROWS, strands or just a PONY. And don’t forget to LIVE a little! Try COLOR extensions interspersed!
4. Think Debra Messing. Think that babe from Mad Men. Go red. Go deep auburn. Add red highlights or do your whole head. If you’re even REMOTELY thinking Carrot Top – then go back to square one.
5. Sculptural waves. Is there anything sexier? Uh … no.
6. Always ALWAYS check with your stylist/colorist for HELP before you take ANY of these ‘plunges’ – and don’t be shy. If you admire someone’s hair style, hair color, extensions or whatever – SHARE THE COMPLIMENT with her. I guarantee that she’ll LOVE to hear it – and LOVE to tell you more!