Fashion Secrets: How to Shop the Summer Sales!
A style guide to no regrets
-Lois Joy Johnson
Sales are made for suckers like us. There are thousands of things that you and I desperately need for 5 minutes, and then never need (or want) again. My mistakes list includes: kitschy print rain boots, decorative key chain accessories for bags (those stupid Prada robots!) ski pants with stirrups, couture safari jackets with matching skirts that look so great on 6-foot tall models in Vogue, and gigantic leather bags so loaded with hardware I can’t lift them. My fashion advice? Stick to the following six categories …
Here’s a style guide to what’s worth not passing up now.
1. A LBD OR TWO
You can’t go wrong with a little black dress. Upgrade to a coveted designer label or breakaway from your basic sheath with a trendier silhouette. To get you going:
• Robert Rodriguez tulle and lace dress (reduced from $473 to $190, revolveclothing.com)
• Diane Von Furstenberg spaghetti strap dress with fringed hem in rayon/silk (reduced from$555 to $249.75, theoutnet.com)
• BCBG MaxAzria one-shoulder ruched dress (reduced from $238 to $178.50, bloomingdales.com)
• London Times sleeveless matte jersey with satin trim (reduced from $89 to 65.99, macys.com)
• What Comes Around Goes Around sleeveless wool ” Claire” dress with sequin trim (reduced from $450 to $112.50, singer22.com)