Five Reasons To Love Art Basel
Louis Vuitton, Hello Kitty, Venus Williams, Stickers, And Sand: Art Basel Miami 2010 had all a Betty could wish for.
Art lovers, celebrities, gawkers, and people who just want to party descended on Miami last week to check out the annual art fair slash social event also known as Art Basel. Maybe art fairs are becoming trendy, but we still love it! Here are five reasons to love Art Basel.
1. It takes place in Miami! I don’t know about you, but anywhere with sunshine is always a great place for a convention.
2. Louis Vuitton: How does she still manage to look so chic in head to toe Louis Vuitton logos in this portrait by Jean Charles de Caselbajac?!
3. Hello Kitty: Can you believe Hello Kitty is in her 40s! The real Hello Kitty was mixing and mingling at the Sanrio Small Gift cocktail party on Thursday night.
4. Things are not always what they seem: From faraway this is a fabulous work of art, but get close and you realize: it is made of all stickers. Wow!
5. Celebrity sports star art collectors: Venus Williams collects art. Who knew?! Also spotted: Alex Rodriguez at the Miami Convention Center checking out the talent.
Libby Keatinge is a senior editor for BettyConfidential