Get the Look: Jessica Chastain’s Nouveau Hollywood Golden Globes Makeup
Love Jessica Chastain’s classic-meets-new-Hollywood makeup look from the 2013 Golden Globe Awards? Here’s how to get it at home!
Okay, so we may not have been the biggest fans of Jessica Chastain’s dress at the Golden Globes this past Sunday (we loved the color, but the fit seemed a little bizarret to us)—but we’re totally in love with her beauty look! According to makeup artist Kristofer Buckle, who created the look, the idea behind the look was “classic Hollywood meets new Hollywood.” Taking his cues from the water color-like quality of her dress, he used washes of color instead of strong lines and shapes to emphasize her features. A deep berry lip stain provided a bold pop of color.
Love the look? Kristofer gave us step-by-step instructions so you can recreate it at home! Whether you’re hitting the clubs or going out for a swanky drink or two, this timeless style will keep all eyes on you.
1. First, Kristofer evened out the texture of Jessica’s complexion with L’Oréal Paris’ new Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99, drugstore.com). Then he used a foundation brush to apply a light covering of YSL’s Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation in B10 ($55, shop.nordstrom.com). He also used a little bit of the Revitalift Miracle Blur on Jessica’s décolletage, shoulders, and back to create a creamy, “perfect skin” look.
2. Next, Kristofer used a touch of YSL Touch Eclat Radiant Touch ($40, shop.nordstrom.com—not to be confused with the previously mentioned Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation) to smooth imperfections and highlight around the eyes.
3. Then, he dusted the caramel shade found in L’Oréal Paris’ Colour Riche Caresse eye shadow quad in What Happens in Vegas ($7.95, drugstore.com) onto Jessica’s lids and used the bronze shade toward the outer corners of her eyelids. A touch of the bronze shade under her eyes helped open them up.
4. Three coats of L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara ($9.95, drugstore.com) gave her lashes some oomph. Kristofer used the waterproof version—“a must during awards season, especially for a nominee,” he said—and applied it only to Jessica’s top lashes to ensure that her eyes looked lifted. Instead of using liquid eyeliner, he used the mascara to create a fresh, modern winged look.
5. Jessica herself felt that there should be a touch of ruby in her makeup, so Kristofer gave her lips a swipe of L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine stain in Berry Persistent ($9.99, drugstore.com) onto her lips.
Now strike a pose—you’re red carpet-ready and rarin’ to go!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.