8. Demeter Holiday Classics cologne spray set ($29, demeterfragrancelibrary.com). Do you ever wish you could just bottle up the holidays so you could relive them anytime during the year? That’s exactly what Demeter’s Holiday Classics cologne spray set does! The set includes three scents: Christmas Bouquet, a spicy, creamy swirl of carnations and other holiday flowers; Snow, a cool, clean, FiFi award-winning scent with a touch of dust (necessary to form snowflakes) and earth (upon which to rest); and the new-for-2012 scent Sugar Plum, featuring a mouthwatering combination of plum, honey, powdered sugar, and spices.
9. Zoya Ornate nail polish sampler ($48, zoya.com). Friends don’t let friends go manicure-less, especially during the holiday season! This dazzling polish collection features six sparkly, notice-me shades, from the bright red Blaze to the holographic silver Electra—and as always, Zoya nail polishes are totally vegan and contain no harsh, icky chemicals.
Tools and cases:
10. Remington Holiday 2012 Pearl Ceramic London Edition curling wand ($24.99, exclusively available at Target stores nationwide). Every girl needs a good curling wand in her beauty arsenal, and this one makes fast and easy tight, bouncy curls a snap. This unique tool, which heats up in 30 seconds flat, fuses real crushed fresh water pearls into its ceramic coating. The result? Smoother, harder, and longer lasting plates than your standard ceramic styling tool. Plus, the pretty, pearlescent floral detailing, previously only available overseas, makes the wand itself as gorgeous as the curls it makes!
11. Hello Kitty Wild Thing brush set ($49, sephora.com). Have a happy holiday with Hello Kitty! This travel-friendly, five-piece set includes a face brush, and eye shadow brush, a shader/blending brush, an angle eyeliner brush, and a lip brush, all packed in an adorable yet chic Hello Kitty container. We’d love to find one of these in our stocking!
12. Houndstooth makeup bag collection ($38, sephora.com) Help your gal pal keep all her beauty tools in one place with this shiny gold makeup bag collection. The All-In-One Organizer features a whole bunch of compartments, a portable pouch, and removable brush organizers; meanwhile, the 3-In-One Bag includes a large, clear bag for east access and two smaller pouches perfect for the gal on the go. OH, and did we mention the stunning gold houndstooth pattern that all of these goodies come in?
13. Philosophy Home for the Holidays set ($38, sephora.com). Can’t decide what to get? This cheerful and yummy-smelling gift set covers all your bases! Bursting with four of Philosophy’s use-it-everywhere Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Baths and four of their High-Gloss, High Flavor Lip Shines in Sparkling Cranberry, Have a Cherry Christmas, Peppermint Bark, and Cinnamon Bun, the Home for the Holidays set pampers your bestie from head to toe—literally!
14. Make Up Forever Backstage collector bag ($330, sephora.com)
This one will cost you a pretty penny, but it’s worth it for the best friend in the world. This limited-edition duffle bag is packed with a veritable treasure trove of cosmetics that will ensure that no matter what the occasion, she’ll have the stuff she needs to make an impression. The 28 Make Up Forever goodies included everything from Aqua Rouge lip color to Aqua Shadow eye shadow in two colors each, more eyeliners and blushes than you can count, primer, brushes, and much, much more.
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.