Olympic swimmer Allison Schmitt
Gold Medalist swimmer Allison Schmitt’s nails are adorb! The look is classic and easy to do!
1. Use shimmery red, white and blue polishes, paint each nail, or chosen nail, a different color, go ahead and color block your nails!
2. Have fun with this look and create any red, white and blue pattern you choose.
At home manicure tips:
1. Always push back the cuticles but be sure not to cut them since cutting them can create hangnails and should be left for professionals only.
2. When it’s time to paint your nails, roll the polish bottle in between your hands as your body heat will liquefy the polish a bit so it goes on smoother. Wipe the back of the brush against the neck of the bottle as you take it out so there’s just a drop of polish sitting on the front tip of the brush for the perfect brush stroke.
3. Remember TOP COAT, TOP COAT, TOP COAT! It is so important to use a fast dry top coat on your nails and to let them dry naturally without dryers. This prevents the polish from chipping and helps it last longer. Extend the life of your manicure by adding a layer of top coat on day three.
Skyy Hadley is a celebrity nail artist. She’s one of the top manicurists in New York City. Skyy has serviced celebrities, including Liv Tyler, Uma Thurman, Faith Evans, Puffy (Sean Combs), Claire Danes, Annette Waxman, Isaac Hayes, Lanette McKey, Debbie Langford, Chris Webber, Marishka Hargarty, and Johnnie Cockran. Skyy has been written up in top fashion magazines including Glamour and Lucky. She is the owner of As U Wish Nail Spa, located in Hoboken, NJ.