1. The 28-year-old killed as Katie Holmes during her SNL hosting gig last year – which is probably why she’s getting more roles than even Katie herself these days!
2. Oops! Anne nearly made a big boo-boo when she took her nighttime gig as a phone sex operator to her receptionist day job in 2009’s ensemble rom-com Valentine’s Day. Just wait until she says “What sweet little pinkies you have” in a Russian accent – we actively defy you not to giggle.
3. It’s tough playing anything other than straight in the company of funnyman Andy Samberg, but Anne still manages to shine in “Evenings With Ms. Eloise”, a promo clip for the 2009 MTV Movie Awards.
4. Annie is great at playing ugly effortlessly – and that’s actually a compliment! She’s as comfortable playing ugly dorky teen duckling Mia Thermopolis as she is playing Mia’s elegant princess swan counterpart in The Princess Diaries. Terrible blue sweater be damned, she also genuinely seemed at home in her plaid A-lines and loafers while battling the beastly fashionista crowd in The Devil Wears Prada.
5. Finally! Anne brought the funny back to SNL as Prince Williams’ betrothed Kate Middleton in this recent clip – so much so that we’re actually wondering whether it’s she and not Kate that’s about to become a real-life princess!
Laura Schreffler is a former Daily News columnist now responsible for bringing you your daily dose of love advice at LoveTrekker.com.