Last Minute Father’s Day Gift Guides
No matter what type of dad you’ve got, we found a present for him. Sunday’s the big day — don’t just give your dad a “Happy Father’s Day” card ‘cause you had a hectic week!
In case you forgot, this Sunday, June 19th is Father’s Day. Don’t panic, we’ve found gifts that will get there on time (some with discounts) or at your favorite store.
Can’t figure out what to do on the big day? Check out these suggestions from Eight O’Clock Coffee: Say good morning to your hubby with a fresh pot of coffee and maybe give him breakfast in bed. Got an outdoors dad? Pack a lunch and go on a hike — or better yet, go golfing and be his caddy. More of a lounge lizard? Grab a bunch of his favorite movies and throw a movie marathon (see Tech Dad below for a suggestion!). Take him to a ballgame (check the Sporty Dad guide). Give him a day off, do his chores or host a barbecue (See the Chef Dad gift guide).
And .. check out all our last minute gift guides to find the perfect gift.
He loves the outdoors, he’s never happier than when he’s on the green, in a boat or rooting for his favorite team.
1. EcoGear Vireo Recycled PET Backpack ($39, theultimategreenstore.com). Perfect for the gym! This ergonomically designed backpack with dual mesh bottle pockets was created from recycled water bottles.
2. The Croffix sailing belt in Calico Jack ($88, kilejamespatrick.com). Hand braided and hand crafted leather made in Rhode Island. Great for on or off the boat.
3. So Clean Men’s gift basket ($85, stockngo.com). After dad’s workout, he’ll be thrilled to use the goodies in this basket. It contains: Paul Mitchell Tree Bar Clean & Shaved, 5.3 oz, Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint body wash, 2.5 oz, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint shampoo, 10.14 oz, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint conditioner, 10.14 oz , American Crew pomade, 3 oz, shaving brush and a Paul Mitchell bamboo brush. Stockngo’s offering free shipping over $25 and after you give dad his gift, you can steal the basket back.
4. Titleist NXT Tour personalized golf balls ($29.99, dickssportinggoods.com). You’ve got three lines of text you can add to the gold ball. Use his name or monogram, or get creative and personalize the golf balls with either his favorite saying or nickname.
5. Cell Turin running shoes ($80, shop.puma.com). Perfect for running or just running around, these Puma sneakers have an innovative midsole with tenCELL heel cushioning for greater comfort and shock absorption.
6. Philadephia Phillies home clean up adjustable cap ($16.99, modells.com). Give dad a Phillies or his fave team cap. Modells has all the MLB teams (phew) and they can ship it to you (if you act fast) before Sunday.
His eyes light up when you mention gadgets, electronics and all that jazz.
1. Bedol water clock wink alarm olive green ($35, bedolwhatsnext.com). It runs on water! Just fill it up and the clock will keep perfect time for 6 months or more … then fill it up again. The clock comes in six colors: blue, white, olive green, bright orange, shadow gray and fun raspberry.
2. Diesel SBA watch ($195, store.diesel.com). Your dad is like a superhero, able to fix your door and help mend your broken heart (sometimes at the same time), so give him a watch that does two things at once too. The SBA is part digital, part analog and has a negative digital face, making it easy to read.
3. Pivot Power ($29.99, quirky.com). Does dad have a gazillion gadgets? Get him this adjustable power strip. It holds six large plugs and can go around furniture. Pivot Power has 672 Joules of rock-solid protection, six feet of cord and a flat head plug. Mom will thank you too.
4. Oakley Thump 2 sunglasses ($150, oakley.com and Oakley stores nationwide). What a combo — sharp stylish sunglasses with a built in mp3 player. Bonus round: load it up with his favorite songs before you give them to him.
5. Star Wars trilogy (full screen with bonus disc) ($118.99, amazon.com). Inside every guy who loves tech is a guy who loves Star Wars. This set has the first three movies: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in the wide screen edition.
6. Standard Issue hoodie with HB3 technology ($58. shop.insoundclothing.com). is dad’s best friend his iPod? Give him a hoodie where he can plug it in! The hoodie is made from super soft tri-blend fleece. The brush metal earbuds are in the laces and it can be machine washed.
Dad’s got panache! You’ve never wondered where you got your sense of style.
1. Quick Dry body spray SPF 40 ($21, mdsolarsciences.com). Keep dad looking good with this long-lasting sunscreen.
2. Via Messenger ($80, skiphop.com). New dads (or dads the second time around) will love to carry a manly looking diaper bag. It comes in four colors: black, red, lime and platinum.
3. Clau striped shirt ($190, bogosse.com and Nordstrom stores nationwide). Bogosse shirts are created with top quality cotton by brothers Patrick and Fabrice Tardieu. Give dad a classic shirt with a modern edge that he’ll wear for years.
4. Terre d’Hermes 1.6 edt spray ($75, usa.hermes.com). It’s a warm woodsy scent enlivened by the sparkle of grapefruit and orange.
5. Men’s Gold ASV dress casual Venetian ($170, sperrytopsider.com). Sperry Topsider has now created a line of men’s dress shoes. They’re comfortable, chic and as durable as their classic boat shoe.
6. Seah zodiac cufflinks ($290, seahwatches.com). Dad’s one-of-a-kind, so give him leather cufflinks with his zodiac sign for a really personalized and stylish gift.
Check out gifts for the chef and the hippest dad in town next!