Make 2011 Your Sexiest Year Yet! Day 25: Own Your Pleasure + Win a SEXY Prize!
Now we’re getting to the good stuff! Tips on how to take charge of your sexual pleasure … plus an awesome, ultra sexy giveaway!
-The Betty Editors
Welcome to Day 25 of your SEXIEST year ever! Click here to catch up on Day 24: Sexy Tips To Look Your Sexy Best!
For tips for women who want to own their own pleasure, we turned to Good Vibrations (www.goodvibes.com) Staff Sexologist Dr. Carol Queen (and by the way is that not the most awesome job title EVER?). Then, they offered us a prize pack to give away – HOLLA! Info on that is below, but first ….
DR. CAROL QUEEN SAYS
1. Wasn’t there an ’80s pop tune that went, “You can’t get what you want ‘til you know what you want?” Well, it’s true! There are a number of ways to learn what that might be, if you don’t already know: Explore your reactions to erotica, delve into some fun sex ed texts, talk to friends about what they like (but remember, your mileage may vary), and be truly honest with yourself about things that you’ve already experienced. Don’t just tell yourself you *should* enjoy or want to experience certain things — ask yourself what you actually *do* like the best in bed. TRY IT: Let your imagination run wild with this sexy anthology of the Best Women’s Erotica by Violet Blue or try Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women.
2. Practice on your own! The number one tip sex therapists usually give women who aren’t reliably orgasmic is to learn their own responses during solo sex. With or without a vibrator or other toy, this is your lab for learning the fine points of what gets you going. Once you know, you can guide a partner through hints or direct spelling-it-out so you both know you’re on the right track. A great place to start with vibrators: the Turbo Glider waterproof vibe or the Mystic Mini rechargeable wand, which is Ecorotic® too!
3. Too shy to talk? Please try to get over that. Nothing is more vital, especially to an ongoing relationship, than the ability to communicate about sex and other topics that many people won’t speak up about. Besides, when you can ask for what you want and share details about your pleasure, you’re more likely to get the sex life that’s truly optimal for you. If it’s scary to start with your partner, chat amongst friends.
4. Get informed! If you’re curious about a sex style, or you want to be on your best game, there are lots of books, videos and classes so you can read up or watch and learn. Goodvibes.com carries the best of these (like The Little Bit Naughty Book of the Best Sex Ever and Tantric Sex for Busy Couples), but there might even be sex ed resources where you live.
5. Find support. Maybe it’ll be an online discussion group. Maybe you really know, deep down, you could use a session or two with a therapist to get you on the right track — this is especially true for those who’ve had negative experiences or grown up in a background that allowed shame to get in the way of sexual learning and pleasure. Maybe you’ll join a Tantra circle or start a salon to discuss erotic novels. Whatever you do, if you include other people, you’ll have constant reminders that you aren’t alone in desiring a happy sex life. In this new year, we all deserve pleasure!
And now – to get you in the mood … Good Vibrations has given us one super fun prize package to give away to one lucky Betty! It includes:
*One (1) Turbo Glider Waterproof Vibrator, plus…
*One (1) copy of Fairy Tale Lust: Erotic Fantasies for Women, plus…
*One (1) Pleasure-Ed video series on amazing oral sex! Includes “Heads Up” and “Going Down!”
1. First, like BettyConfidential on Facebook (if you haven’t already!).
2. Then, leave a comment below and tell us:
-your Facebook first name or initials
-your #1 tip for feeling sexy!
The winner will be notified via a private message to your BettyConfidential profile. Meet some of our past contest winners HERE! You can read BettyConfidential’s official giveaway rules here. This promotion will run from Tuesday January 25, 2011 7 a.m. EST to Tuesday February 2, 2011 5 p.m. EST.
Tune in tomorrow for our next great tip…and catch up on the previous tips here!