Nine Things You Might Not Know about Nadya
Octuplet mom’s nails, naming choices and nose job
Everywhere in the news, it’s Nadya, Nadya, Nadya! She’s quickly become the one to watch. Not only will 14 sets of eyes be on her at home, but all of America will be waiting to see how her plan to care for her brood actually works. I for one am dying to see how her crazy life unfolds.
From the fact that she was injured during a riot while working in a psychiatric ward to her well-manicured nails that are sure to be covered in baby poop in no time at all, the world is stunned by this woman and eager to see what she’ll do next! So support her or spurn her, here are some things you may not know about this mama of multiples. And stay tuned; you can bet there’ll be lots more to report!
1. She’s got one daughter named Maliyah. Wonder where she got that name? Maybe this means she’ll run for president next time it’s campaign season? She’s certainly got enough kids to vote for her …
2. Diapers – an average newborn goes through eight to ten diapers a day, and with eight tushies to keep clean (she will be keeping them clean and dry – won’t she? – along with any other non-potty-trained kiddies at home), that averages out to about $7,500 just in diapers the FIRST YEAR … of whose money? Not to mention the fact that she’s going to need her own landfill for those kids’ diapers!
3. But … let’s look on the positive side – Nadya plans on breastfeeding all eight, so she’ll be saving all that money on formula!
4. She insists she wants to provide for her children, and that she will find a way and do it on her own (after she’s done with schooling). However, it has been confirmed that she receives almost $500 a month in food stamps, and three of her children get federal assistance for disabilities. (Keep in mind that $25 – $35 every two weeks goes toward Nadya’s French tip nails. Methinks she is working the system!) Also, according to the Los Angeles Times, “the Kaiser Permanente hospital where the eight newborns remain under care reportedly has applied to the state for assistance with its expenses under the Medi-Cal program.” So THAT’S how she’s paying her medical bills.
5. If she’s so intent on being the sole parent of these children, why did she give them the last name of Solomon when her last name is Suleman? Is this a clue to who the sperm donor might be?
Nadya’s four oldest children also share the last name of Solomon, and their birth father is listed as David Solomon. I think we need to find the sperm donor David Solomon to help Nadya with some diaper changin’!
6. In case you wanted to send a “Welcome Babies!” card, Nadya’s octi-clan’s names are: Noah, Jonah, Jeremiah, Josiah, Isaiah, Maliyah, Makai and Nariyah. Only one lacks the H at the end. Could Makai have been Baby H, the surprise eighth baby? What’s one more mouth to feed when there’re 13 before you anyway?
7. Nadya’s ex-husband, Marcos Gutierrez, tried to get his divorce from her finalized for eight years, which is twice as long as they were married. Her name was listed as Nadya Doud AKA Natalie Denise Suleman, AKA Angelina Jolie (Ha, that last one was a joke!)
8. Nadya’s father, Edward Suleman, returned to work in Iraq to earn money to help support the family. Seems to me he traded one war zone for another.
9. And all the speculation on whether or not she’s had her nose done or her lips plumped? Well, you decide!