My 5 Fave Nail Polishes
Nail polishes accent an outfit or reflect a mood.
Nail polish is one of the easiest accessory/beauty product to amass. There’s always a new “it” shade, a new product coming out that you just have to have.
Here’s my list of my favorite ones that I go to time and time again.
1. Essie Wicked ($8, essie.com). A sexy stepchild of the 90s fave Vamp by Chanel. This is a trendy polish that is dark, dark, dark – almost black without being goth. Looks hot with a slick all black outfit, a ball gown, or jeans and a t-shirt. This polish is cool and sexy wrapped into one.
2. Chanel Le Vernis Django ($49,95, amazon.com). This is a sweet light nail polish that is great for daytime. Your nails look polished and done but no one really notices unless they look closely. This nail polish is all class.
3. OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui ($5.25, amazon.com). Now, I was a little hesitant to wear blue nail polish at first, but I cannot tell you how many compliments I get on this color. Men and women love this unique shade of blue that is just different enough – but not shocking.
4. Sally Hansen no chip 10 day color in Resilient Red 85 ($3, abeautifulsecret.com). This is a polish you can pick up in your local drugstore, but it works wonders. Dries quickly, goes on smoothly – and you can never go wrong with this bold shade of red. And, it doesn’t last quite 10 days as the label says, but I have managed about 5 – a record for me!
5. OPI Meet Me on the Star Ferry ($5.30, amazon.com).This polish looks dark shimmery purplish in the bottle, but when you put it on, it actually goes on quite light. I get so many compliments on this shade, and it is an all day, all night polish. It looks good when you are wearing your gym clothes, or at a black tie event, or hanging home in your sweats. It’s amazing how a shade of purple really matches everything!
Libby Keatinge is the Senior Editor: Love + Sex at BettyConfidential.