What’s for Dinner?
Pad Thai with Shrimp
Stir-fried rice noodles with shrimp
-Tony Seta, www.bonefishgrill.com
Bonefish Grill‘s Tony Seta, takes you to Asia – via your taste buds. Seta, a Master Chef with more than 40 years’ experience in the restaurant industry, is one of the minds behind the newest dishes at Bonefish, including this one, Shrimp Pad Thai.
Thai Dried Flat Rice Noodles- 8 oz
Water As needed (to cover noodles)
Water- ½ Cup
Fish Sauce- 4 Tbsp
Sugar- 1 Tbsp
Fresh Lime Juice- 1 Tbsp
Paprika- 1 tsp
Cayenne Pepper- Pinch
Oil- 3 Tbsp
Garlic Cloves, finely chopped- 2 Cloves
Shrimp, Large (shells removed, deveined and 12 each
cut in half lengthwise)
Eggs, Fresh, Beaten into the cup- 2 each
Roasted Peanuts, Crushed- 2 oz
Green Onions, cut into 3 pieces- 4 each
Bean Sprouts- 8 oz
Cilantro, Use for garnish As Needed
Lime Wedges- 4 each
Method of Preparation:
1. Place dried rice noodles in a large bowl. Cover with warm water and soak for 2 hours, until soft. Drain well.
2. In a small bowl combine water, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, paprika and cayenne. Blend together and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Add the garlic and stir fry 20 seconds, until golden brown. Then add the shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Push the shrimp to the sides of the wok. Pour the egg into the center and quickly stir fry over medium heat. Scramble the egg.
5. Add the drained noodles and fish sauce mixture. Stir fry together. Add ½ the amount of crushed roasted peanuts, stir fry until noodles are soft and the liquid is absorbed.
6. Add the green onions and the bean sprouts. Cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour into a serving platter. Garnish with the remaining roasted crushed peanuts, cilantro leaves and wedges of lime.