What’s for Dinner?
Clever Lace Cookies
Cookies pretty enough to give as gifts
-Jennifer Glaser, The Clever Hostess
These yummy and beautiful cookies are impressive enough to serve as dessert and to package up as festive party favors.
See a complete list of party favor ideas bettyconfidential.com/ar/h/a/a03051.html” target=”_blank”>here.
½ stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup, 4 ounces, pecans, lightly toasted and very finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large saucepan melt butter, sugar, and corn syrup over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in flour until you can no longer see it. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and pecans.
4. Use a teaspoon to drop batter onto the baking sheets.
Clever Tip: cookies will spread, leave at least 1/3 inch between spoonfuls.
5. Bake in middle rack for 11 minutes
Allow to cool before serving.