What’s for Dinner?
Better than Basic Brownies
For that inexpensive, romantic night in, chocolate decadence is imperative. Check out these brownies that are just what you need.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 14 brownies
1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Prepare 8 x 8 baking pan, butter pan and sprinkle with cocoa powder or line pan with parchment paper.
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa, sugar and salt and place over low heat. Mix well until butter melts and the batter is smooth.
4. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool for 2-3 minutes. Add to pan vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Add flour and mix until the flour is no longer visible. Mix vigorously for a full minute, making sure batter is totally smooth, and pour into the baking pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, test readiness by sticking a toothpick into the middle of the brownies. If the brownies are ready the toothpick will come out clean.
6. Cut into 14 pieces and allow to cool before frosting.