Slow Down Summer
20 ways to savor the last summer days
-Melina Gerosa Bellows
Too soon, the light is changing, the hydrangeas are fading, and it’s all about Back to School. Still, we have a couple of weeks before Labor Day, so let’s make the most of it. Let’s slow down the end of our favorite season by savoring these summer pleasures.
1. Slurp a really juicy peach.
2. Appreciate not being cold when you step out of the shower.
3. Treat yourself to a bouquet of sunflowers.
4. Head into the air conditioning and see 500 Days of Summer (which has nothing to do with the season, but is the perfect summer romantic comedy).
5. Wear all of the summer clothes that haven’t left your closet yet.
6. Lie in a hammock with a tall, cool glass of sun tea. Daydream.
7. Spend an entire day at the beach reading the September fashion magazines.
8. Head to the farmer’s market and load up on heirloom tomatoes, organic corn and over-ripe plums.
9. Tackle a Bikini Boot Camp so that you slide into your fall jeans with a flat stomach.
10. Appreciate the smell of suntan lotion.