Sparkle and Shine! 20 Ways to Rock the Sequin Trend
Great sequin styles to take you from day to night!
-Kathryn H. Cusimano
Nothing brightens up your day (or night) like a little sparkle. Sequins are bigger than ever this season, popping up on everything from sexy dresses to soft sweaters. The little sparklers are even flexible enough to move from day to night when worn in moderation – just make sure you don’t overdo it. One sequin piece per outfit is enough!
Sequins for Day
Stars like Drew Barrymore know that sequins aren’t only for party dresses. Pair a sequin top with your favorite jeans and you’ve got a chic, casual look. A sequin bag will go with just about anything, while a sequin hat makes a perfectly pretty topper. See some of our favorite sequin picks for day below.
1. J. Crew Dulphine sequin v-neck sweater. ($103.50, jcrew.com)
2. Charlotte Russe open knit beanie. ($9.50, charlotterusse.com)
3. Forever 21 sequined waves top. ($17.80, forever21.com)
4. VS hipster straight jean with sequins. ($69.50, victoriassecret.com)
5. IMAN Global Chic Sensational Style sequin blazer. ($99.95, hsn.com)
6. Express sequin open toe ballet flats. ($26.17, express.com)
7. Ipa-Nima sequin bucket tote. ($148, nordstrom.com)
8. Arden B. art deco sequin tunic. ($49, ardenb.com)
9. Old Navy Sequined v-neck cardigan. ($20, oldnavy.com)
10. Banana Republic monogram pink sequin skirt. ($98, bananarepublic.com)
Next: Show us how it’s done at night, Katy Perry!