What’s for Dinner?
Spicy Turkey Burgers
Leftover Potential: Patties can be made and frozen and whipped out whenever needed – so buy the family pack of ground meat and go to town and save them as need be. It sure beats a Boca Burger.
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt, as needed
pepper, as needed
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup bread crumbs
buns, as needed
toppings such as ketchup, mustard, avocado, red onion, lettuce, and tomato, as needed
1. In a large bowl, mix the onions, garlic, and turkey together thoroughly. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
2. Add the egg to the turkey mixture. Add bread crumbs until the mixture becomes drier and firmer in texture.
3. Form patties into desired thickness and shape. Freeze any leftovers wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
4. Heat the grill (or a large pan), and cook the burgers over medium high heat until browned on both sides, and warmed through.
5. Serve in buns with toppings. Take a big bite!
Read more tips on hosting a healthy summer barbecue here.