H2-Oh! Water for Your Skin
Thermal water spray is a summer beauty essential
-Paige Herman Axel
The idea of buying water in a can may seem a bit wasteful at first, but there’s more to spritzable H20 than meets the eye. Most importantly, they aren’t just tap water, these are mineral-rich thermal waters sourced from deep in the Earth, so they’re packed with minerals and other natural good-for-your-skin ingredients. A few of the most popular and easiest to find are from Eau Thermale Avene. Evian, La Roche-Posay and Vichy, and they’re relatively inexpensive.
Here are 8 reasons why you should have a can in your bag at all times.
1. The fine mist is refreshing on a hot summer day.
2. They can set your makeup and leave you with a youthful, dewy look.
3. The minerals are soothing to a sunburn.
4. Doctors often recommend them to help skin recover after in-office treatments like microdermbrasion and chemical peels.
5. They help hydrate the skin, especially on airplanes (but make sure you have a small, travel-approved can).
6. If you’re in a bind and can’t wash your face, you can spray on and wipe off with a cotton ball.
7. The minerals act as antioxidants, protecting your skin from damage.
8. Thermal waters can be used to soothe even the most sensitive skin, and help relieve rosacea symptoms.
Go ahead – take the plunge and try out a can of thermal water for your skin. Your face will thank you for it.