Betty on the News
Betty on The News: Top Stories
Tattooed teen accepts blame, Sarah Jessica Parker’s twins are born, Perez Hilton gets punched, and more
-The Betty Editors
1. We knew there had to be a logical explanation behind this one! Last week we reported that a Belgian teen had “fallen asleep” while getting 56 stars tattooed on her face, which caused quite a stir amongst the Bettys because, seriously, WHO could pass out during such a painful procedure? Well for those of you that suggested that Kimberley Vlaeminck played the innocent card once her parents took notice, pat yourselves on the back! During an interview with a Dutch television station on Monday the 18-year-old hung her head in shame and fessed up.
“I asked for 56 stars and initially adored them,” she divulged. “But when my father saw them, he was furious. So I said I fell asleep and that the tattooist had made a mistake.”
What a brat! Hasn’t she ever heard the saying, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time? (Nypress.com)
2. Sex and the City queen Sarah Jessica Parker and her doting hubby Matthew Broderick discovered that their surrogate mother, the controversial Michelle Ross who raised eyebrows in May with her quirky appearance and ambiguous sexuality, gave birth to their twin girls today. An East Ohio Regional Hospital rep was unable to comment, but did offer up the comforting tidbit that “everything’s good.” We’re so thrilled to hear that the stylish couple’s dream of adding to their brood has become a concrete reality. Congrats to both! (People)
3. A light went out in the world today, as Tonight Show sidekick and comedic everyman Ed McMahon died just after midnight at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center at the age of 86. The “H-e-e-e-e-e-ere’s Johnny!” announcer was surrounded by his loving wife Pam, as well as other family members when he passed. A friend of McMahon’s, who prefers to remain anonymous, revealed that the television personality had bone cancer among other ailments.
“You can’t imagine hooking up with a guy like Carson,” McMahon said of his talk-show host boss in 1993. “There’s the old phrase, hook your wagon to a star. I hitched my wagon to a great star.”
Somehow we feel that good buddy Johnny would consider himself the blessed one. (msnbc.com)
4. It’s definitely not the first time someone has wanted to … Queen of the celebrity blogosphere, Perez Hilton, got punched in the face by the Black Eyed Peas’ tour manager, Polo Molina, early Monday morning.
After band member will.i.am told Perez not to write about his group, Perez called him a “faggot.” As Perez, who is openly gay, was leaving the club with Lady Gaga, Molina let loose a little boom, boom, pow. Molina later turned himself in and was charged with assault. Come on guys, where is the love? (New York Post)
5. Though it is definitely not the ideal situation for two longtime companions to find themselves in, Ryan O’Neal and Farrah Fawcett are planning to tie the knot! In an exclusive interview for 20/20 airing Friday, the actor discussed the couple’s decision to wed after more than two decades together.
“I’ve asked her to marry me, again, and she’s agreed,” O’Neal told Barbara Walters.
An official wedding date has yet to be chosen, but O’Neal says that the two will go through with the ceremony just as soon as Fawcett can say “yes.” Recently, when we polled all of you Bettys out there, you mostly thought that the actress’ documentary was exploitative … here’s hoping the wedding is based on purer motives. (New York Daily News)
6. Alleged Craiglist killer Philip Markoff confidently hollered “not guilty” this morning in a Boston, Massachusetts courtroom when asked how he pleaded to the April 14th murder of Julissa Brisman.
Markoff, who faces seven charges including first-degree murder, armed robbery and kidnapping, seemed awfully self-assured for a young man facing life in prison – or worse. Philip is presently being held without bail, so perhaps a little preview of prison life will turn that smug attitude right on its heel by the time the trial rolls around next June. (FOXNews.com)