What’s for Dinner?
A healthy, delicious treat
Note/Suggestions: Once you have learned how to do this, you can be as creative as you want on the fillings: ham steak, different cheeses, grilled vegetables, fresh herbs, you name it.
1 pizza dough recipe
3 tbs of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp of sea salt
2 tbs of rosemary leaves, rough chopped
1 cup of cooked vegetables, chopped
1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 of basil, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Shape the pizza dough into a rectangle about 8″ x 14″. Cover with a dish towel and let rest for about 10 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine the olive oil with the garlic, salt and rosemary.
4. Uncover the dough and evenly spread the vegetables, cheese and basil over the top.
5. Starting at the shorter end, carefully fold over about 5 inches of dough. Continue folding over the dough, rolling it like a loose jelly roll.
6. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Brush the top with olive oil mixture, turn it over and brush the other side as well.
7. Using a carving fork or skewer, poke several holes through the Stromboli to the baking sheet. Bake for one hour or until golden brown.
8. Cut into 1 inch slices; can be served warm or at room temperature.