“We Will Quit Sexting”: 25 Dating and Love Resolutions for the Ladies in 2011
If this year is going to be different in the love department, ditch those bad relationship habits and inherit some better ones, starting today.
A new year has just begun, and it’s time for clean slates and fresh starts – in our lives and in our hearts. There’s no better time than now to sit down with a blank piece of paper, an open mind and the determination to rock our love lives in 2011.
To get you started, raise your glass and toast to following BettyConfidential’s 25 New Year’s relationship resolutions:
1. We will not call, text or Facebook him twice in a row. No matter how desperate we are to hear from him. (Remember that little word, desperate.)
2. We’ll give Mr. Nice Guy a chance. And give Mr. Bad Boy the boot.
3. We’ll teach Nice Guy a few of Bad Boy’s bedroom moves.
4. We will not shave our legs before a first date. (We’ve finally learned not to trust ourselves to make him earn it; we need a little insurance policy.)
5. We will get friskier with our boyfriends/husbands; occasionally even in a public place (or on a public mode of transportation).
6. We won’t abandon the rest of our lives (including friends and family) just because we’ve met someone new.
7. When he sends us a one-sentence email, we will not respond with 10 paragraphs, two YouTube videos and three photo attachments. From here on, he gets fewer syllables than he sent.
8. We will smile at handsome strangers on a daily basis.
9. We will list d-bag dates in our iPhones by their character flaws. We’ll never again accept calls from “Only Dials Me When He’s Drunk Dan,” “Still-Married Marcus” or “Broke My Heart Twice Ted.”
10. We will stop telling ourselves we are too old, too plump, too skinny, too busy, too boring or too short for love. Self-love begets other-love.
11. We will quit sexting cold turkey.
12. We will make a habit of slapping on some lipstick and a smile before we walk out the door. Mr. Right could be waiting on the elevator. (Of course, if he’s truly Mr. Right, he’ll love you with plain old Chapstick – but that smile is crucial!)
You’re on a roll! There’s more, next…