What Are You Thankful for This Year? Here’s Our List!
We count our blessings … including you.
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Before we get back to our regularly scheduled “last day of work before a 4-day weekend” / pie planning / haven’t gone grocery shopping yet panic mode, we’d thought we’d take a few minutes to think about all reasons we have to be grateful this year.
And we’d love to hear your as well … because if there’s one thing we’re ALL thankful for, dear readers, it’s YOU!
Lucia Peters, associate editor:
– Cats. No, seriously. Cats are the best.
– Family. Friends. Loved ones. The people that make up my life.
– I’m quite thankful for the fact that in this economy, I not only have a job, but moreover, I have a job I actually like doing. That’s pretty big.
April Daniels Hussar, executive editor:
– Always family first. My sweet daughter and lovely husband. I’m so blessed.
– Gratitude. Yes – I’m thankful that I have the capacity to be thankful. It’s a blessing to be aware of how much we have.
– My girlfriends. GoshDARN it I’m thankful for them!
– Chocolate and wine.
PJ Gach, Senior Editor, style+beauty:
– My mental and physical health — as people say, without health nothing matters
– The amazing, fantastic, hilarious, whip smart and truly enjoyable people I work with. I’m really blessed!
– My friends — they’re incomparable.
– My dog, Sophie. No matter what my day is like, she makes me smile.
Diana Denza, contributor:
– My education: It’s tough out there for everyone, and I am thankful that I had the amazing opportunity to receive a great college education where I learned about the world and really came into my own. College was a defining moment in my life, and I am grateful I was able to experience every second of it (okay, maybe not every single moment, but you get the idea).
– My two sisters: They’re my very best friends and I don’t know what I’d do without my two baby sisters! When I was three, I begged my parents to “ask the stork” for a sister … I got my wish x2 and never regretted it.
Nalissa Cuthbert, contributor:
– My amazing family – As I get older I’m realizing how beautiful it is to have a circle of family that is as supportive as mine. Not to mention they keep me laughing and we always enjoy our time together.
– Finally making it to my senior year! – Undergrad has been a long road for me, and I’m so happy that the end of this tunnel is near! I’m so excited about my next steps.
– Black Friday! – My college budget only allows a few shopping adventures, but with all the deals this Friday I hope to rack up. Besides, it just feels good to be in the holiday mix!
Heather Taylor, L.A. correspondent:
– My many jobs including my full time one, Betty, and my freelance work! Blessed to be such a busy writer!
– My family and friends.
– My eyeballs being healed and back in business after that eye infection scare. You never realize just how valuable they are until they are out of commission.
Tell us: what are you most thankful for this year?