Would You Wear Kim Kardashian’s Giant Engagement Ring?
This ring is so big, it could hurt someone.
Um, they say that a guy’s supposed to spend three months salary on an engagement ring, so when I heard how much Kim Kardashian’s ring cost, I learned how much basketball players make. Seriously, would you wear a ring this big … worth TWO MILLION DOLLARS? Do you think it’s over the top? Is there some sort of engagement ring race/one-upmanship deal going on in LaLaland that we’re not aware of?
Personally, wearing $2 mil, 20.5 carat diamond engagement ring designed by Lorraine Schwartz (with a few suggestions from Kris Jenner) would make me hyperventilate. The gignormous ring has a 16.5 carat emerald cut center stone and two two-carat trapezoid cut diamonds flanking the center stone. Do you need a bodyguard every time you leave the house? Would you have a copy made in cubic zirconia and wear that? If you did, what’s the point of owning the original? Questions, questions!
Look how big it is! Doesn’t it look like a weapon?
If you’re in the market for an engagement ring and want something more reasonable (reasonable being the operative word) here’s a few suggestions:
1. Jasper pave set Treasure Chest diamond engagement ring 1/10 carat total weight ($3,378, ringshop.com)
2. Tacori platinum and diamond engagement ring, two carat emerald cut center diamond surrounded by almost .50 cut trapezoid cut stones($15,900, tacori.com)
3. Platinum and diamond engagement ring. 0.70 carat emerald cut center stone with two emerald cut stones on either side and pave stones stud the band ($4,060, jamesallen.com)
4. Three stone emerald cut engagement ring. 1 carat emerald cut center stone set in platinum ($5,250, bluenile.com)
5. Triplet emerald cut engagement ring ($2,350, ylang23.com)
And just for fun…
6. Brilliant three stone ring ($3.80, forever21.com)
Tell us: would you wear a great big honking ring?
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.