Autumn is a beautiful time of year, but with along with the lovely changing leaves and that crisp, potential-filled feeling in the air also comes the whirlwind of activities that take place of summer’s lazy pace. And with that whirlwind comes so much more pressure to be on time! Whether it’s not being late to morning drop-off at school, or not being late handing in work projects or getting to to volunteer meetings or arriving at social occasions (or finally getting my tax extension done!), the pressure and the pace really pick up at this time of year. As a dyed in the wool procrastinator, I find this challenging. But if you think about it, along with all this activity comes a great opportunity to make some NEW habits — to work on conquering lateness and, in the process, take better charge of important areas of our lives, like finances. Are you with me?
With this in mind, Citi is partnering with us to share some strategies for conquering lateness this autumn, including introducing their new credit card, the Citi Simplicity card, which has NO LATE FEES. Amazing, right? Get rid of the penalty!
We’d love to hear about YOUR tips for conquering lateness, and to encourage you, we’ve got a 16GB mini tablet to give away! All the details are at the end of this post.
One of my own biggest tips for conquering lateness is simple but really effective. Are you ready for it? Here it is… (DRUM ROLL PLEASE!)….
Do one thing the night before. Yes — that’s it! It’s amazing how big a difference it can make. For me, on school nights, this means making my daughter’s lunch ahead of time, and having her lay out her clothes the night before. It’s not like this saves us hours or anything, but it does save some time, and — more importantly — a LOT of aggravation in the morning! If school isn’t part of your daily routine, this could mean looking over your calendar for the next day and making a quick to-do list so you don’t have to think about that the next day, or even picking out YOUR outfit … any little task that frees you up just a bit in the morning makes a big difference.
Then, of course, another great strategy for conquering lateness is to make sure your credit card is working with you — not against you. Citi Simplicity is the ONLY card that never charges late fees, a penalty rate or an annual fee, ever. When I first heard about it, I didn’t BELIEVE it, but it’s true — it really exists and they really do not charge late fees. When you consider credit card late fees typically start at $15 and can be as high as $35 per missed payment, late payment fees can really add up. I know from experience how frustrating this is!
Some more quick tips for conquering lateness:
- Many credit cards, including Citi Simplicity, allow cardmembers the ability to choose their own payment due date based on their schedule. This way, you can pick a date that works for you! (I set mine for right after I get my mid-month paycheck!)
- Most billers give the option to set reminders via text or email – it takes just a few minutes of time to set-up and can help you stay on track. If yours doesn’t, use a free service like Google Calendar. I LOVE my Google Calender.
- Are you set up with auto bill pay yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Seriously — so super helpful!
OK! Are you ready to share YOUR tips for conquering lateness and enter to win a 16GB mini tablet?! All you have to do is tell us below one or more of your best tips, and you’ll be entered to win. It’s that easy — just like taking steps to conquer lateness (and late fees!) once and for all!
The Conquering Lateness Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal US Residents, age 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends at 5pm (PST) on October 24, 2013. The Official Rules are available here. No purchase necessary.
Only two entries per participating blog per household; if the same or substantially similar comment (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) is posted twice, it may only count as one Entry. Eligible persons may enter this Promotion by taking any of the following actions, each of which counts as one entry:
1. Leave a comment in response to the Promotion prompt on this post.
2. Tweet (public message) about this Promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that Tweet in a comment on this post.
3. Blog about this Promotion (including a disclosure that you have received a sweepstakes entry in exchange for blogging about this Promotion), and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
4. To enter without commenting, follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt.
Be sure to visit the Citi brand page on BlogHer.com where you can learn more about conquering lateness!
Image credit: Alan Cleaver