Let’s be honest, the kitchen is the best part of every home, the heart and soul of your daily life if you will. And, if you’re anything like me, this is probably the place where you spend most of your “at home” time. Now, I’m not insinuating I’m always planning my next meal (which may or may not be true), but in my home, the kitchen is where everyone gathers after a long day of work, or early in the mornings for that fresh cup of coffee.
It’s where I spend countless hours experimenting with new recipes until I get that gluten-free bread just right. It’s where girlfriends and I laugh until we cry. It’s where I vent about my #firstworldproblems. It’s not just a place in my home, it’s a part of my whole life. That may sound a bit melodramatic, but isn’t it the truth? And, with something such a large part of your life… it’s only necessary that it resembles you! Maybe you’re a little bit country, very conservative and modern or extremely glam. Whatever it is, your kitchen should look like you. There are so many ways to accomplish this without breaking the bank. Don’t we all wish we could hire that interior designer to create our signature kitchen? I know I dream about it, and I even made a Pinterest board for it, but until then, a simple new paint job, fun backsplash, some textures and throw in a few accessories. Wala! Your very own signature kitchen.
Or, maybe you’re already there visually, but it’s time for an appliance upgrade. Boy, do I love new gadgets! With LG Studio’s help, below I have created a visual to show you what my signature kitchen would look like. I’m all about mixing and matching when it comes to design. I feel there is no “right way” to decorate, as long as it tells a story about you, with your taste threaded throughout.
A few highlights from my vision board:
1. I love open cabinet space! I figure if you’re going to spend money on quality, lovely dishes, then you should showcase them.
2. Mix in metals. From glasses, to brass fossets, drawer knobs, and vases, using metals throughout your kitchen space adds extra touches and contrast to the overall look.
3. Go green! From a fresh herb garden or crisp cut peonies, I always want my kitchen to be alive (literally). Nothing completes a room more than some greenery.
4. Something that sparkles. In my dream kitchen, I would like three large, crystal chandeliers wrapped in a bronzey gold iron frame, hanging over my kitchen island. And no, I don’t think that’s too much bling. C’mon ladies, there’s always gotta be bling.
5. Be whitty. Have FUN with your space. There are no rules but to be you! I love art work and tea towels that have funny little sayings on them such as, “Whip It, Whip It Good” with an illustration of an egg beater next to it. It adds a bit of humor and fun into your everyday life, which we all know, is very necessary.
Win $100 and Check Out My DIY Home Makeover Painting Project!
Win $100 & Help Me Pick a New Paint Color for My "Take Back the Dining Room" Makeover Project!
Hot Links! Would You Buy a $3,000 Chicken Coop from Anthropologie?
Think Pink! 6 Tips to Decorating Your Home With Pink (Plus a Ridiculously Glam DIY Project)