Exercise for Your Body Type
Want to lose weight and get fit? If you exercise for your body type, getting in shape will be a breeze.
It’s important when considering a workout to really understand your body and what it’s capable of. One of the best ways to do this is to find out your body type. I’ve created a simple and easy guide so you can reach your maximum workout potential.
Type 1- Mesomorph
This type is genetically predisposed to great musculature gains. Usually very athletic looking, they have a good posture and are symmetric. Mesomorphs build muscle fast and loose fat rapidly if on the right diet and fitness plan. And can also gain fat rapidly if let to do no activities.
Cardio for Mesmomorph
Cardiovascular exercises should be done 2 to 3 times a week for about 20 to30 minutes per session.
• Intensity for cardio should be moderate to high for fat burning.
• I suggest an interval session were intervals are 45 seconds on and 15 seconds off for the 20 minute period.
• Don’t go over board as it is believed that Mesomorph could loose lean mass if cardio is too long/frequent, so don’t be a hamster on that treadmill!
Weights for Mesomorph
• Heavy weight performed explosively. Super sets are great and 3 to 4 exercises per body part.
• For example if your doing shoulders start with overhead press 3 sets of 15 reps.
• Superset with lateral raises 3 sets of 15.
• Always allow proper recovery (24 to 48 hours), rest and variety as this style of workouts can easily lead to overtraining.
Are you a Gwynnie or a JLo? Your exercise regimen is up next!