The Tipping List
Ten tips for a fabulous first impression
By: Jill Jordan
- Be yourself. Don’t wear anything you wouldn’t normally wear.
- Accentuate the positives. If you have healthy, shiny hair, wear it down. If you are in good shape, wear an outfit that hugs your body.
- Hide the negatives. If you’re insecure about your body, wear black. If you get a zit on the big day, keep your concealer handy.
- Wear what makes you feel most comfortable and beautiful. Depending on where you’re going, dress to feel like a million bucks.
- Wear accessories that could start a conversation: a necklace you picked up when traveling, your vintage Chanel purse, maybe even a charm bracelet with your favorite charms attached.
- Don’t wear anything that’s distracting. If you wear a Swarovski crystal necklace, your date may pay more attention to the necklace than to you.
- Stay au naturale with your makeup. Men love when women look like they’re effortlessly beautiful.
- Be well groomed. Make sure your nails are clean and that the edges are smooth, and if the polish is chipped, fix them. If you have the slightest bit of hair stubble, shave or wax. If you dress to impress, you have to make sure every little detail is covered.
- Smell fresh. Wear some enticing perfume, and use your best-smelling hair products.
- Check yourself out in some good lighting. Stand in front of a well-lit mirror to make sure you covered everything. Lighting is everything, ladies. And just before you head out the door, make sure to tell yourself how great you look.