Get Amazing Abs By the 4th of July!
You’ll be celebrating your new, hot midsection AND Independence Day after doing these ab exercises.
Nothing looks better than six pack abs and an itty bitty bikini. Unfortunately, we don’t all look like the girl in the photo above. But, you can look a little bit more like her by the 4th of July if you work at it.
In the next 4 weeks, do these exercises 4 times a week for 10 minutes, and by the time the fireworks burst, you’ll definitely see visible results!
Move 1: Fly Up: Targets abs
• Sit on floor on a folded towel, lean back to rest on elbows and place feet hip-width apart on wall in front of you so that knees are bent about 90 degrees.
• Press rounded lower back into floor and squeeze abs as you extend legs up, keeping feet against wall and lifting arms to reach toward feet, elbows soft. MAKE IT HARDER: Really press feet into wall as you extend legs.
• Do 20 pulses: curl torso up 1 inch then lower 1 inch.
• Do 3 sets, hugging knees to chest to rest between sets.
Move 2: Twisted Curl: Targets abs, obliques
• Sit on floor on a folded towel with knees bent and feet flat, then lean back to rest on elbows.
• Press rounded lower back into floor, squeeze abs and curl torso up toward left, lifting arms so that both hands grasp outside of left thigh.
• Maintaining curl, release hands so that both hover to outside of thigh and do 20 pulses: Curl torso up toward left by 1 inch then lower 1 inch. MAKE IT EASIER: Keep both hands on thigh for pulses. MAKE IT HARDER: Raise arms overhead for pulses.
• Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets.
Move 3: Side Plank-up: Targets abs, obliques, inner thighs
• Lie on right side on floor with legs stacked and a rolled-up towel between thighs, propping torso up on right elbow so that right forearm pointing in front of you. MAKE IT EASIER: Stagger feet so that side of left foot is on floor in front of right for a wider base of support.
• Lift hips so that body forms a straight line from head to toe, squeezing towel between thighs. Hold for 1 count, then lower.
• Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do three sets.
Move 4: C-Curve: Targets abs, quads, inner thighs
• Stand facing a wall with legs together, squeezing rolled-up towel between thighs. With knees slightly bent, hinge forward at hips to place palms on wall, arms extended, so that back is nearly parallel to floor.
• Squeeze abs and towel as you rise onto toes, then do 20 pulses: Lower hips one inch then back up. MAKE IT HARDER: Start with knees bent 90 degrees so that hips are closer to knee level, then pulse.
• Do 3 sets.
Faye Brennan is senior editor at BettyConfidential.