As I get older, I’m starting to learn the importance of investing in wardrobe pieces that are functional instead of what is trendy. It’s so easy to see a crop top and think, “I need that!” I am all about being confident and wearing clothes that make you feel good. With that said, I think the pieces you choose can still represent your style and can also be transformed into completing many different looks.
As the season changes, our wardrobe tends to change as well. We swap out the cutoff shorts for denim jeans, gladiator sandals for riding boots, and a sun hat for knitted beanies. That is the beauty about seasonal changes. As the leaves turn beautiful colors we get to embrace a warmer lifestyle with lots of layers!
The keys to shopping success are to spend money on items that last, make you feel confident, and that are functional. What does functional mean? Let’s discuss.
This fall and winter season when you are out shopping, don’t buy off of impulsivity, but consciously think about the items you are purchasing. Ask yourself a few questions:
1. Is it comfortable? Why wear something you: A. Can’t breath in, or, B. Have to mess with constantly?
2. Can I wear it more than one way? Do you have other items you can envision wearing this piece with? Can you wear this to work and then to happy hour? How about dressing it up or down?
3. Does it fit me properly? This one is self-explanatory. Let’s be honest with ourselves. Don’t buy something that will fit you after the holidays when you go on your “New Years diet”.
So, this all sounds great, but how does one accomplish this? Here are three staple pieces from Lucky brand that answer all the questions above. These items are comfortable, you can wear them from the office straight to a night out with your girlfriends, they fit properly and they are timeless!
A good pair of jeans is a timeless closet piece. There is nothing better (or more comfortable) than putting on your favorite pair of jeans with an effortless top and calling it a day. My favorite functional jean is this High Rise Olivia Skinny Pant from Lucky Brand. This black pant can easily be worn to the office and then dressed up for a night on the town.
A basic cotton top. I find I feel most comfortable when I choose a simple cotton blouse. By using accessories such as a scarf or fringe bag, or adding layers with a leather jacket, you can really change the whole look of your outfit. One of my personal favorite ways to take a day outfit to night is by adding a bold lipstick. Style Hack: always keep your favorite go-to color in your bag. This way when you have an impromptu happy hour, you’re ready.
A Bootie is a perfect staple for fall, winter and honestly, even those summer nights! This Tolachina Bootie from Lucky Brand will go with just about everything and can easily be worn to the office and then out to an evening dinner with friends. The combination of heel and worn-out look gives your look more edge than your average bootie.
This fall and winter season I challenge you to focus on simplicity and being comfortable. Invest in quality pieces that can suit a range of lifestyles. Have fun with your day looks by transforming them into night attire for all occasions. Whether you are attending casual work related events, going-out with friends, traveling, running errands, going to family gatherings, you name it, bring a little delight to the everyday this fall and winter.
For a chance to win $100 Lucky Brand gift card, in the comment section below tell us: what’s your Lucky Brand winter/holiday wardrobe must-have? Be sure to share this post by tagging @BettyBuzz @Jamiedanno @Luckybrand with your response. Good luck!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise, a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstake runs from 11/21/14 – 12/18/14.
Be sure to visit the Lucky brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!