How to Get Marion Cotilliard’s Glamorous Cannes Updo
We’ve got the step-by-step directions on how to get her spectacular evening look…even if you’re not jetting off to the Cannes film fest.
For the red carpet premiere of Rust & Bone at Cannes, Marion Cotillard wore a Dior Haute Couture ballgown, Chopard jewelry and a stunning hairstyle. Marion had a high bun and had a $500,000 Chopard necklace wrapped around the chignon. Celebrity Hairstylist Robert Vetica, who has done tons of red carpets events and is the author of Good to Great Hair: Celebrity Hairstyling Techniques Made Simple has given us instructions on how to re-create the style for your next event or big party.
1. Pull hair back into a ponytail.
2. Use a strong hair spray to keep hair in place.
3. With a fine-tooth rat-tail comb, comb hair back until you have a nice full section of hair, like a giant “puff.”
4. Take the “puff” and attach an elastic band to the end.
5. Tuck this end underneath the base of the ponytail and attach them together.
For this next part you will need to be in front of a mirror:
1. While you hold the chignon begin to secure hair with bobby pins.
2. A couple is not enough! Use a ton of bobby pins to make it secure.
3. Finish with an ample amount of strong hair spray for shine and amazing hold.
For the accessory: find a costume jewelry necklace–a very long one to wrap around the base, secure with a ton of bobby pins.
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.