We are currently accepting applications for interns to support our editorial team. AMAZING opportunity to get real-world experience — our interns attend events, conduct celebrity interviews, and write features. This is no “coffee-getting” role!
You should be up for working across all sections, including Style+Beauty, Celebrity, and Love+Sex.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable to fast-moving situations. Candidates should be able to write under tight deadlines and be comfortable with all aspects of social media. Great skills to have: Photoshop, basic HTML or CMS. However – we’re primarily looking for bright, talented self-starters who want to make a real contribution to the site and learn a LOT along the way.
15- 20 hrs/ week
Duties will include:
· Researching style, beauty, celebrity and relationship news
· Researching photos, experts, celebrities and gathering product info
· Pitching and writing articles
· Reaching out to bloggers and websites via Twitter and Facebook
· Updating social media feeds — SOCIAL MEDIA SAVVY A HUGE PLUS!
· Attending and reporting on industry events (beauty launches, celeb events, etc.)
· Assisting editors with administrative work
Please send a resume and an informal cover letter within the body of the email, along with three writing samples (links are great!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put EDIT INTERN in the subject line.
The internship will last for 3-4 months and is unpaid. However, we are happy to work with you for college credit. Internship is virtual.