New Ideas for Advent Calendars
It’s not too late to start or tweak this meaningful tradition
-Melaine Thompson, My Sweet Savannah
Recently we got out the Advent calendar and are starting a new tradition! Instead of little pieces of sugar for each new day in December (Don’t we get enough sugar this month already?), I decided to try something new.
We have this great Pottery Barn kids’ Advent house. It has little doors that you open up each day in December. This year, I’m writing little sentiments for the kids. I think this will be fun and a nice reminder that presents don’t always have to be purchased to make someone feel loved.
Here are some ideas I’ve come up with:
1. Go look under your pillow for a special surprise…
2. Did you know that your mom was born in a car? (true fact!)
3. When you were little your favorite thing to do was …
4. Tonight we will bake your favorite cookies and listen to Christmas carols
5. Tonight we will do a puzzle together or play the game of your choice
6. You have to draw a picture of your mom and dad!
7. I love you because …
8. When I first saw you I thought …
Things like that. I hope it will mean a lot to them even though they’re only 5 (soon to be 6) and 10.