Pamper Yourself with Purpose
5 treats you can indulge in with good conscience
-Mary Beth Sammons
Girl, you run around like your life is a race taking care of everyone else – your boss/husband/kids/friends…now it’s time to treat yourself. Thanks to retailers who are playing up to our desire to do-good, we can indulge without guilt. These five little pampering treats allow you to immerse yourself in pleasure, while giving back to a good cause.
1. Go Wild: Looking good feels fantastic, and so does doing good – that’s Kate Hudson’s philosophy, and hey, why not you too? De-stress your tresses and indulge in this newly launched line of super inspirational cruelty free and eco-friendly hair products from the golden-tressed Kate and her hairdresser, David Babaii. They promise fab results for you and help preserve wildlife through the WildAid foundation. Good for you; good for wild cats. “It’s beautiful to be good,” says Hudson.
2. Yummy Double Dipping: Declare a cheat day and slurp up a cool and creamy Ben & Jerry’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” cone (a sumptuous chocolate ice cream, peanut butter cookie dough, butter brickle and white chocolate chunk decadence). Shed your guilt about the calories – you’re not only honoring rocker Elton John and his first Vermont tour, but matching funds with cellulite for charity: Elton John’s AIDS Foundation. So go ahead, cheat, and scoop it up – cone, cup or carton.
3. Juicy Jewels: Wrap your wrist in this woven cord silver tone infinity symbol bracelet ala Reese Witherspoon, ambassador for Avon. This inexpensive little gem costs a mere $3 and all proceeds go into the Avon Empowerment Fund, a fund dedicated to helping fight violence against women.
4. More color? Moi? Give your pout intense color with M?A?C’s VIVA GLAM lipsticks and lip-glosses. One hundred percent of the proceeds go to the MAC AIDS Fund (MAF). The MAC AIDS Fund (MAF), which focuses on the fight against HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean.
5. Wrap yourself in luxury: Ah, pampering can be pricey, but the proceeds from this luxurious White and Warren teal cashmere wrap benefit The Ovarian Cancer Research Institute. So, what’s a mere $245 now and then? You deserve it.