The Tipping List
Look put-together in any weather
By: Jill Jordan
Ever looked and felt fabulous only to see rain in the day’s weather forecast? If the thought of wet, matted-down bangs and a see-though blouse makes you want to crawl back under the covers, keep these tips in mind for your next drizzly day:
• Be prepared. Always carry an umbrella in your purse or in your glove compartment. Get one you really love in a bold animal print or a colorful pattern – when it rains, you’ll be more than willing to show it off. If you travel on foot, make sure your umbrella is lightweight and easily portable.
• Tame your mane. Use an antifrizz product and some hairspray. Bring your hair stuff with you, in case you need to do a touch-up. If you’re a curly or wavy girl who usually straightens your hair, today is the day to embrace its natural texture.
• Waterproof mascara. Need I say more?
• Add some style to your rain gear. Patent leather shoes or cute wellies won’t get damaged in the rain and will add punch to your wardrobe.
• Wear vibrant colors. Moods change with the weather. Try a hot pink or punchy tangerine to brighten up your workplace. There’s no need to let the weather get you down!
• Be positive. Instead of letting rain put a damper on your day, see it as a display of nature’s beauty. Keep your cool and really let yourself feel the gentleness of rain on your skin. Feel invigorated rather than irritated by the rain’s tranquility.