Rank Your Friends
By: Kara Posner
If you were getting married (or renewing your vows), how would you rank the following 9 friends? Rank them from “1,” being the Maid of Honor, to “9” she might get an announcement.
- She was the first person you thought of to drive the two hours to pick you up when your car gave out on a solo road trip. You would do it for her in a heartbeat. And she made it in an hour and a half.
- She is the life of the party and a must invitee at all soirees. However, given how much she talks to you about other girls, you wonder what she says when you are not around.
- She is always responsive and up for anything. You love her thoughtful company but find that if you don’t initiate contact and plan outings you might never see the girl.
- She has dozens and dozens of friends and you always get a little lost in the crowd at her parties, but, when you are hanging out one-on-one you always have a lot of crazy fun.
- You have known her since you brought teddy-bears to sleepovers. You drift in and out of each other’s lives, seeing each other every couple of years when you are in town but don’t really keep in touch between visits.
- She gives you a lift at your lowest points. When you call her it’s not necessarily to hash out the problems, instead you want to shoot the breeze and give yourself a break from your thoughts.
- This is the friend who can finish your sentences. She is one of your newer friends but when you tell her about your experiences you don’t need to supplement how you felt. She knows you well enough to already get it.
- She is a constant presence at friends’ gatherings but you don’t see or talk to her outside of these events. Still, she’s part of the crowd and something would be missing without her.
- She’s the friend who dazzles you with all of her energy. You sometimes wonder why she makes great efforts to seek you out but you are appreciative for the way you guys connect and have fun.